Full Width CSS

Saturday, September 23, 2023

Topson Explains Why He is Reluctant to Teach Dota 2 to His Daughter

Topias "Topson" Taavitsainen, a name synonymous with Dota 2 greatness, recently took some time off from his rigorous training schedule to sit down and discuss his new venture with Tundra Esports, the unique dynamics of his current team, his perspective on ideal teammates, his thoughts on the Dota Pro Circuit (DPC) system, and even the possibility of passing his Dota legacy onto the next generation.

Topson's latest endeavor has brought him to Tundra Esports, where he assumes the pivotal role of mid-laner. In anticipation of the upcoming tournaments, including the DreamLeague and TI, Topson expressed his excitement, saying "It's a great feeling to be a part of this team. We're so close to TI, and I can't wait to see what we can do for the upcoming DreamLeague and TI so of course there's going to be a lot of teambuilding and I need to get to know the guys more, and like you know chill in and like see how it goes and stuff but I'm super excited to see how we will do."

Tundra currently awaits to battle OG in the DreamLeague Season 21 Lower Quarterfinal. 

Topson on teaching his daughter Dota

Finally, the conversation turned to the possibility of Topson teaching his daughter Dota. He expressed concerns about the addictive nature of the game but left the door open for her if she were genuinely interested.

"I will see about that. I hope I don't, but we'll see about it. I've seen what it does when you start playing Dota from a young age. It's just like swallows your whole life. You know, like if you get really into it, like it's gonna be, you know, your whole life is gonna be around Dota. It's, I'm like, I mean if she really wants to, then I'll teach her, but it's just like not like super into it. Then I will not like talk about it too much, you know. I'll just be like, yeah, go do your own thing, you know," he added.

Topson Explains the Difference Between OG and Tundra

Team communication has emerged as an intriguing aspect of Topson's transition to Tundra Esports. He noted a marked difference in communication styles between Tundra and his previous teams. While his past teams were characterized by hyperactivity and energy, Tundra adopts a more composed and strategic approach.

"I don't really know what the team has a it's a very different way of communicating than what it was in OG and Old G with my previous teams and the T1 that I was in for the last TI like they're all very like this hyper like super like like energy based theme like they are like the more louder the better kind of thing you know like even though it's not really true like that that shouldn't be the case but Tundra is very like calm and like say things that need to be said they don't say things that don't need to be said you know and it's it's a thing I need to get used to and also learn to I kind of being the same like pace with the energy and all that stuff because it's it's definitely a big change from OG where everybody's like kind of yelling and going crazy so it's a it's gonna be fun," he said.

Nine

Topson's thoughts on good teammates and DPC 

Topson looks for teammates who are positive, hardworking, and willing to learn. He also values teammates who have a good understanding of the game and who can communicate effectively.

"I like to play with players who have like kind of their own identity like how they think about their roles their Heroes and like people who have like you know idea because there's a lot of people who just like kind of follow and just do what everybody does kind of thing and I think I don't think that kind of players uh can be like the best in my opinion like you have to be kind of innovative you have to have your own style" Topson said.

Topson said that Quinn, Nisha, and Nine are some of the best mid-players in the world. He also said that he admires their unique style of play and has learned a lot from them, also saying Leon "Nine" Kirilin, carry for Tundra has a very similar playstyle to himself.

"There are a lot of great players out there, but some of the ones that I admire most for their unique style of play are Quinn, Nisha, and Nine. Nine especially has a very similar style to me, and I think we've learned a lot from each other. When you're feeling lost in the game, it's helpful to look at other players like them and get a fresh perspective."

He goes on to talk about the DPC system and what could be changed.

"I don't really know if I have like something specific I would change about the DPC it's I mean obviously there's a lot of people who have their own like preferences how they want to compete and like obviously the DPC is very different from the way it was before even like the earlier DPCs when there was not like the long league and just more like qualifiers in the LAN and then you just have the other LANs then like then you do it like five times five LANs or things like that. to me it was I got kind of used to that that you have the qualifiers that are like you pay back to back to back like games every day or maybe even more than like one game a day you know like with the DPC is just like you play two to three games a week so it's a very different pace obviously I would if I would I can change it like I would go back to how it was"



from AFK Gaming https://ift.tt/xUurGEW

No comments:

Post a Comment