Full Width CSS

Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Quinn Talks About Haters, Says They Don’t Concern Him Anymore

With five tier one tournaments under its belt in 2023, Gaimin Gladiators has been dominating the Dota 2 competitive scene. The team’s midlaner Quinn "Quinn" Callahan has played a crucial role in the team's turnaround since he joined just before the 2023 season began. The player had also passed time in mediocrity in North America (NA) but ultimately attained his long-awaited breakthrough with Gaimin. On OG's Monkey Business Show after the team won the Bali Major 2023, Quinn gave his thoughts on the part of the community that used to trashtalk him. He mentioned that he has grown from a position of self-doubt to ignoring others' opinions because he sees how well he plays.

Quinn calls out critics after winning the Bali Major 2023

As a special guest on OG's Monkey Business Show Bali Major Finals, Quinn was asked by Jake "SirActionSlacks" Kanner about those who once undermined him and believed his career was over.

Keeping things straightforward, Quinn said he doesn't take opinions from random people on social media platforms but would surely consider a thought from someone like Michał "Nisha" Jankowski who is Team Liquid’s midlaner.

“I think each individual random clown who thinks I am bad or whatever, it’s not that much of a significance because at the end of the day if you allow the people who hate on you to be — I don’t really care. You are some bot, you are bad at the game. If you think I am bad, it’s fine. If Nisha thinks I am bad, that matters to me but if some random bots on Reddit or whatever think I am bad then I don’t know. What can you do?”

[relevant section begins at 1:45:00]

Previously, Quinn was concerned about these aspects but he ignores them now without a second thought.

“I don’t really care anymore. There was a point where I was doubtful of myself if I was good enough, that I cared more about what other people thought of me, but now that I have more confidence in myself that I am a good player. If some bots on Reddit think, that does not really concern me.”

With his very candid nature, Quinn is not afraid to voice his opinions when asked about anything related to the game, which makes him the subject of attention from the community at times. Over the past eight years, the player has been around the competitive scene and was a flagbearer of the North American Dota 2 scene, but only won one relatively important tournament, the StarLadder ImbaTV Invitational Season 5 in 2018.

2023 has seen Quinn actually excel and while all of Gaimin’s players have contributed, he has proven to be a formidable force in the midlane and driven the team’s success. He will now attempt to maintain this momentum into the year's two most important tournaments, the Riyadh Masters 2023 and The International 2023.



from AFK Gaming https://ift.tt/sdnOSLJ

No comments:

Post a Comment