Full Width CSS

Saturday, November 12, 2022

Skiter Opens Up About Feelings After Winning TI11 & Being Idolized by Fans

During his time off as the champion of the recently concluded TI11 (The International 2022), Oliver "skiter" Lepko talked about his feelings after winning T11 amongst other things with a local Slovakian news outlet. While most teams are looking to rebuild their rosters for the upcoming season, some teams are taking the time to go on a well-deserved break after a grueling Dota Pro Circuit (DPC) season. 


One of these teams that are currently taking a break is Tundra Esports, who recently won TI11 in dominating fashion.

“It’s such a syndrome.” - skiter talks about being idolized by fans

As first reported by Escorenews.com, Tundra Esports’ Oliver "skiter" Lepko talked about his feelings after winning The International 2022 as well as being idolized by fans during an interview with a local Slovakian news outlet.

When asked about his feelings after winning the biggest Dota 2 tournament of the year, skiter stated that he felt pretty neutral despite winning as he learned how to keep his emotions in check. Additionally, he stated that he can’t wait for the next season to start as he wanted to win tournaments again.

“To be honest, those feelings are not even that intense because, throughout my career, I learned how to keep my emotions in check. When we won the whole tournament, there were moments when I was really happy, but then it went back to neutral.

Even after the win, I was still thinking that we would play another series, even though it was already over. Maybe I just haven't fully realized it yet. It sure feels great to be part of Dota history. I made a lot of money, but I want to win again. My motivation has not left me, and my ambitions are still high. The money I won is enough, but I still want more. I'm not going to any kind of retirement.”

However, he also stated that it felt awkward being idolized by the Dota 2 community after winning TI11. He added on by saying that ever since he won TI, the community would believe in everything he does or says in public matches.

“It's such a syndrome. Now, if I say something in public games, even if I say profanities, people will think that I am saying the right things. Because I won The International and I'm from the best team in the world, so it's like I can't say anything bad.

One of my teammates was playing in a pub recently and made a mistake, and immediately his teammate started apologizing to him, even though he was not to blame. People will have us on a pedestal because, according to them, we are now better than everyone else, and what we say is a holy truth. They idealize us, I know that because I did it myself in the past with players who won The International.” said skiter when talking about being idolized by the community.

[transcriptions via Escorenews.com & Refresher.sk]

Skiter is currently taking a well-deserved break following Tundra Esports’ championship win at TI11. 



from AFK Gaming https://ift.tt/DsbZVxp

No comments:

Post a Comment