Full Width CSS

Monday, June 12, 2023

23savage Discusses Talon Esports' Failure to Qualify for the Bali Major 2023

Talon Esports has certainly been the standout Southeast Asian (SEA) team over the past few months, performing well both regionally and internationally. It was therefore surprising to watch the team finish fourth in the Dota Pro Circuit (DPC) Tour 3 and not qualify for the Bali Major 2023. Currently playing in the DreamLeague Season 20, Talon's carry Nuengnara "23savage" Teeramahanon expressed his thoughts on this result. It was an extremely disappointing outcome, as he mentioned, and he wouldn't want to experience it again in the future. In addition, 23savage outlined where Talon needs to improve to become more consistent.

23savage is extremely disappointed that Talon did not qualify for the Bali Major 2023

After defeating Team Liquid 2-0, 23savage came for the post-match winner's interview, where he was expressive in discussing his sentiments about not qualifying for the Bali Major 2023.

“I felt like I wanted to die at that point. Trying for the Major and were four one so I was really disappointed in myself. I didn’t expect that to happen and I never want to feel like that again so yeah, it was really shit for me.”

A fourth place finish put Talon behind Bleed Esports, Black International, and Execration, who moved on to the Bali Major. When 23savage was asked about what brought the team's performance down this time, he brought attention to his own inefficiency as a player.

“I think we need to work on our discipline and communication. As for me, in the DPC, I am not that tryhard so I just kind of chill and that’s bad but now I play more and you know, we just need to be more focused I guess. There are too many distractions for me if I am not 100% focused.”

While the Bali Major 2023 is a setback for Talon, the squad may not suffer on a broader scale because it will most likely be able to get a straight invite to The International 12 courtesy of DPC points gathered over the past few months.

Meanwhile, 23savage and the team are now back to being focused as they compete in DreamLeague Season 20.

“I think right now we have a really good direction of the heroes we pick so I think we just understand the meta better currently, I guess.”

The results at the end of day two of DreamLeague Season 20 show Talon has begun to find its groove once again as it tops Group A with five wins and three losses. On day three, Talon will face Team Spirit and Evil Geniuses in an attempt to maintain its position in the top four of the points table.



from AFK Gaming https://ift.tt/cimDdon

No comments:

Post a Comment